U of T Engineering Academy
If you've already accepted your offer of admission to U of T Engineering, congratulations!
To help you transition to U of T Engineering, we created an exclusive program called U of T Engineering Academy (UTEA). This free, optional, self-directed, not-for-credit program has been designed by current Professors, curriculum leads and members of the First Year Office, as well as current high school teachers to ensure that key concepts for success will be covered in the course content.
UTEA leverages a suite of established online materials to provide you with a refresher on core high-school-level math, chemistry, physics, and computer programming. Being fluent in these subjects is essential to meeting the demands of your first-year engineering classes, across all disciplines, including Engineering Science.
As an added bonus, you’ll receive guidance from current upper-year U of T Engineering students throughout your time with UTEA. They will share their own experiences, help you get to know the Skule™ community and keep you focused on what you need to know for academic success.
UTEA at a Glance
- Optional, free, self-directed, and not-for-credit. Your work will not be viewed by First-year instructors, nor will it be included in your University record.
- Our curated suite of established online materials will help refresh your knowledge of necessary math, chemistry, physics, and computer programming.
- Compelling, real-world challenges to practice problem-solving skills which are essential to thriving in first year.
- Engage with current undergraduate engineering students in weekly live sessions to review the UTEA curriculum and learn more about the U of T engineering community.
- Fun surprises to get you ready for all the excitement of first year!
Register Now For UTEA
Everyone who has received an offer of admission will have a spot in UTEA held for them. Only those who have accepted their offer of admission will be able to participate in UTEA. We encourage you to register for UTEA as soon as possible!
There are three 2021 Cohorts for University of Toronto Engineering Academy:
- Complete your registration form on the Engineering Applicant Portal and accept your offer of admission by May 1 to be eligible to participate in Cohort 1 (May 10 to July 2)
- Complete your registration form on the Engineering Applicant Portal and accept your offer of admission by June 1 to be eligible to participate in Cohort 2 (June 7 to July 30)
- Complete your registration form on the Engineering Applicant Portal and accept your offer of admission by June 30 to be eligible to participate in Cohort 3 (July 5 - August 27)