Mature Applicants

Mature applicants are candidates over the age of 21 who have not previously completed their high school diploma and have completed any post-secondary studies. Applicants who have attempted or are completing post-secondary studies should apply as a Transfer Applicant. Those who have completed an Engineering degree at another institution are not eligible to apply for degree level undergraduate studies in Engineering at the University of Toronto.

Students in the Mature Applicant category who wish to meet the admission requirements can do so by taking the Grade 12 pre-requisite courses. You are not required to complete the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (or equivalent diploma based on your education system). Please contact your local school board for information about enrolling in the prerequisite subjects.

The Admissions Committee considers all applicants based on their overall academic history, including all secondary studies, and any extenuating circumstances that may have impacted the completion of your studies. Please note that secondary school courses completed more than five years ago cannot be used as the sole basis of admission.

Candidates should apply through the Ontario Universities' Application Centre (OUAC) as a 105 applicant.

If you have any concerns about meeting our prerequisite requirements, please contact the Engineering Undergraduate Admissions Office.

© 2022 Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering