International High School Applicants

Am I an International High School Applicant?

We consider each applicant on the basis of their personal academic history.  Applicants from outside of Canada will be evaluated on the basis of the educational system they have followed, regardless of their country of citizenship. If you are a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident, and you are admitted to the program, you will be charged domestic tuition fees.

Application Procedure

Apply via the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) using the appropriate application, starting in early October.  Any student who attends high school outside of Canada should apply using the 105F application. Students not currently enrolled full time in an Ontario high school, who reside in Canada, OR  students who are Canadian citizens or a permanent resident living elsewhere (not in Canada) should applying using the 105D application. Select “U of T Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering,” indicate your top program choice and submit your OUAC application prior to the extended deadline of February 1, 2020.  All supporting documents, including the Online Student Profile must be submitted via the Engineering Applicant Portal’s document upload feature by February 5, 2020.

What courses do I need to apply as an International Applicant?

U of T Engineering welcomes applications from around the world. All applicants to the Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering are required to present Senior Level courses in:

  • Mathematics (including Calculus)
  • Physics
  • Chemistry

Proof of English facility may also be required*

Please note: In cases where applicants are not able to present a required prerequisite subject, it may be replaced with an SAT Subject test, Advanced Placement exam, International Baccalaureate result or GCE A level.

Please visit English Language Requirements to evaluate if you are required to present proof of English Facility. If you do not meet the English Language Requirements at the time of admission or you are worried that you test score will not meet our minimum requirements, you may want to consider applying for the International Foundation Program (IFP).

Please refer to your educational system below for specific prerequisites and document submission details.

For all other countries, visit the International Admission Requirements section of the Enrolment Services website.