Candidates completing their First Assessment in May 2021 must present:
- Mathematics — one of the following:
- Analysis and Approaches HL*
- Analysis and Approaches SL
- Applications and Interpretations HL
* Mathematics: Analysis and Approaches HL is strongly recommended.
Candidates who have completed the IB Diploma prior to November 2020 must present:
- Mathematics **
** Recommended at the Higher Level; Math Studies is not acceptable.
Where it is not indicated, prerequisite courses can be completed at either the Standard or Higher Level. While the Committee accepts Standard Level (SL) courses, additional consideration is given for prerequisite courses completed at the Higher Level (HL). Additional points awarded for Theory of Knowledge and the Extended Essay are not considered by the Admissions Committee.
Although most programs require higher scores, applicants must have a minimum predicted score of at least 30 (excluding ToK and EE points) with a minimum score of 4 in prerequisite subjects, in order to be considered for admission. Please note that the Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering does not grant advanced standing credit for courses completed in the IB Diploma program.
If you are an Out of Province High School student completing the IB Diploma, your application will be reviewed on the basis of your overall academic record. Please review our Out of Province High School page for more information on applying as an Out of Province candidate and to see the documents that are required for your province/territory.
- Complete secondary school transcript, showing all years of study including current interim results
- Predicted IB Results form for all courses in progress. If already completed final IB results should be submitted electronically from IB to the University of Toronto.
- IGCSE/O-Level Statement of Results (if completed)